Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ice Storm 2009 aka-The Ice Storm of the Century!!




Ok.....it's been 9 days since we woke up thinking we were back in the "Ice Age"....ice was everywhere and nothing was left untouched. We knew it was coming...but little did we know how crippling it would be to our community. I washed up the lanudry, swept and mopped the kitchen floor, ran the vaccuum, washed the dishes, showered and shampooed my hair, drug out the kerosene heater and filled up the kerosene jug......"Just in case" we couldn't do those things for awhile. I never dreamed it would be this long and still no power. Thankfully, we never lost water, only lost the home phone for 2 days, cell phones work-most of the time and thank the Lord Above that I had plenty of cash on me. Of course, cash didn't do much good when no one had any power to allow for purchases of anything. But it would take days before it would thaw enough to allow for travel.


Thank God for good friends that helped us gather kerosene, gasoline, use their showers and kept up with how we were doing. I don't know what we would have done without them.


Funny, you think you can't live without the modern day conveniences....but when it's taken away...you do what you have to do to survive. It's been choas, destruction, devastation, stressful. I think this is just a very, very small preview of what this world will be like the moment my Jesus splits that eastern sky and takes us all home. To those left behind.....it's time to prepare. And we KNOW....that day will come.







No comments: