Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'm Just A Beginner

I am new to this, so bear with me. I have a few friends that I enjoy reading their blogs but I didnt know if I would have anything interesting to say. Or at least anything that anyone else would want to read about.
Ok....so.....I am a state employee with over 18 years of experience but I've recently found out that my "real job" is starting to get in the way of my hobbies. But, gotta pay the bills, so I'll continue working and counting down until I can retire and do all those fun things that I'm wanting to do--8 years and 8 months to go!!
I raise Shih Tzus and Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. I am truly in love with my babies. It's so nice to come home to the unconditional love that they provide me. Let's see....the Shih Tzus are-Panda, Precious, Molly, Dusty, Charlie, Baby, Dancy, Bitsy, Kenzie and Elliott. The Cavaliers are-Alisha, Alexis, Briley and Brady. Oh, then I have this Himelayen cat, Lilly. I recently acquired her from a friend, but I've only seen her about three times. I don't think she likes us.
My son Jordan is 17 years old and will be a big Senior this year. Hard to believe, seems like just yesterday, he was a toddler running around the house. And then I blinked.
I was born and raised in Green River Chapel Church, most of my family on my mother's side was members of this church. About a year and a half ago, I got my life back in order, got back in church and have been going strong ever since. I am very active with the youth group, I lead the youth choir and do a lot of event planning for activities and fund raisers.
I've recently started leading the Praise & Worship program at Celebrate Recovery. This program has taught me a lot about my "hurts, habits and hang ups". We all have them and only through Jesus Christ, can we overcome them.

3 comments:

M. French said...

Welcome aboard lady! Its addictive and fun! Love ya sis!

Leanne said...

Hey there! I found your blog on Mary Ann's. Welcome to the blogging world. It is fun and you will be checking everyones for updates all the time.

Looking forward to reading about your life.

Maxed-Out-Mama said...

Leigh...I'm glad to see another newcomer to the world of blogging! I too have just started and already love it. I swear, girl, I think we are A LOT alike and could probably swap some killer stories. We definitely should get together sometime soon. Lisa E.