Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My New Toy

My mouth has been watering for a new digital camera. After some researching and talking to other people that have digital cameras, I decided to take the plunge. So, last night, Jordan and I made a fast trip to Best Buys and upon checking out, decided I cannot go back to that store until at least the year 2009!! I got a Canon Rebel XSi and an EF 75-300 Zoom Lens. I also ordered the Rebel bag which will be shipped to me in about a week. I was so tired when I got home, I went to bed, didn't even look at my new toy, so I'll be checking it out today.
On the way to get my new camera, I was thinking how blessed I am. I have a good job, pretty decent pay for this area and thankful that I can purchase something new if I want to. I love taking pictures and take a lot of the GRC Youth Group and my dogs. I prayed and thanked God for my blessings and asked him to bless this camera and prayed that I will be able to use it for the upbuilding of His kingdom. Funny that I can take something as simple as a new camera to my God, but I'm sure he was glad I did.
So....to all you photographers out there, I may be seeking your expertise!!!

4 comments:

M. French said...

Yah girl! I got the Rebel xt in 06 and it's been one of the best investments I've made. Although I got a little burn out last fall with all the pics going on, I am hoping I can pick it back up and enjoy taking pics once again! Maybe I'll take it to camp? We will see! Congrats!

Cammi said...

Let me know how you like it.. I am currently looking for a new camera

brandy said...

Congrats on your new toy! Be careful, it's addicting:) Before you know it you'll start buying a zillion accessories for you new LITTLE toy..hahaha

Maxed-Out-Mama said...

I had my kodak stolen a couple of years ago and had just been using moms if I needed one, until recently, I just had to have one...and I'm not a "good" photographer by any means but I love being able to at least make the attempt. :-)