Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"Friend Of The Week"



This week's honor of "My Friend Of The Week"



goes to



~SHARON MARTIN~



I have known Sharon for many, many years but we had lost contact with each other. About the time my close friend/mentor Donna Maley (See first "Friend Of The Week") was getting ready to move to Ohio, Sharon mysteriously popped back into my life. Coincidence? Nah. God's plan? Yes! God knew that I was needing a "teacher" in my life and with Donna leaving, He pretty well dropped Sharon right back into my life. Why am I always in awe of His amazing timing?

Sharon is such a woman of God, such an intercessor and prayer warrior. She has taught me so much in what little time we have spent together, she amazes me. Sharon is currently teaching our Group Book Study on "The Shack" and she is bringing out so many things that she has found while researching the book as well as reaching "The Book". I've not found anything that I can ask her about that she cannot tell me what the scripture says about it.

I'm not saying all these things about Sharon to put her on a pedestal, only to say that God has blessed her in the most wonderful ways of allowing her to be a disciple to Him. She is one of the most humble people I know as well as one of the wisest people I know.


I love you, Sharon!!!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

My Mom has always said that Sharon is the one to call when you need prayer. Mom has always talked highly of her.

Glad got placed you two together again!

About the garden stuff- it is just about all gone. We had a problem with deer and rabbits. They tore up our plants. Uprooted some. We pulled most of the tomatoes when they were green (ended up frying some, yum yum!) and then waited for the rest to get red. I will remember you next year if we try again.