Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My First "Friend Of The Week"


I'm going to start a new "Spotlight Blog" on my friends. I'm going to chose a new friend each week to honor and share what they mean to me.

***********************************

So.......
d
(Drumroll please)
d
.........my "First Friend Of The Week" ..........
d
is


DONNA MALEY!

( Me & Donna at the Casting Crowns conert)

I miss my friend Donna so much. As you know, she and her family moved back to Ohio to answer God's calling for Lonnie to become the youth pastor at Rolling Plains United Methodist Church. http://www.rollingplainsumc.com/

Donna tucked me under her "Momma-Wing" when I was in transition from "Crappy Life" back to my Christian walk. She never judged me, she never pointed her finger at me, she never cut me down. She loved me and accepted me, flaws and all. She showed me that I was worthy of God's love, even when I didn't feel worthy. She helped to laugh again. She helped me to trust again. She showed me that no matter what I had done, I was only one step away from getting back to God. And when I made that step back and asked for forgiveness for all my crap, God said, "What crap? I don't know what you are talking about." How amazing is that? Donna took my hand and helped me climb the ladder back to God's Grace.

When they were getting ready to move, I asked Donna who was going to take my hand now? Who was going to help me continue my journey? She told me that she wouldn't be here to physically take my hand but she would always be there for me. And she also said that I was ready to help someone else climb their ladder for a closer relationship with God.

Donna and I had a lot of serious talks but we also had a lot of fun times. I called her "Willie Nelson" because she was always "on the road again". One time, we lost a bowl of caramel and couldn't find it anywhere. We just knew there was a "Caramel Thief" amongst us! But I found it. In my 'fridgerator. Who'd a-thunk?

d Love ya Donna! d
Friendship with oneself is all important because without it one cannot be friends with anybody else in the world. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

1 comment:

Maxed-Out-Mama said...

I love, love, love this idea. I may have to "steal" it from you!